DATE: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13, 2016
LOCATION: VIP Community Services’ Men’s Residence, 764
East 176th Street
(Corner of Prospect Avenue)
Bronx, New York
TIME: 6:30 p.m.
Subject to change
1. Call to Order
3. Community Period.
4. Special Guest:
● Hon. Rafael Salamanca, Council Member for the 17th Council
5. Bronx Borough President’s Report.
6. Elected Officials’ Reports.
7. District Manager’s Report
8. Community Service Award Presentation
(Recipient to be announced)
9. Informational Presentation:
● John S. Cnapich, Office of Child Support Enforcement
10. Roll Call Attendance
11. Committee Reports.
12. Adoption of Motions.
● A motion to adopt the minutes of Bronx Community Board #6’s
meeting of March 9, 2016.
● A motion to issue a letter in support of a proposal by the
Greenburger Center for Social and Criminal Justice to establish, a
6-year pilot secure (locked) 15-bed male “residential treatment facility
for justice involved adults with serious mental illness who are facing
multi-year sentences of incarceration and who do not quality for
existing community-based alternatives.” During years 3-4 of the pilot
program, the Greenburger Center will establish a 10-bed facility for
women who meet the same criteria described above. The two proposed
facilities will be located at 849 and 853 Crotona Park North and will be
known as Hope House on Crotona Park.
● A motion to begin removal proceedings against community
board member Bourema Niambele for having been absent from five of the
community board past six meeting, three of those absences were
consecutive). Pursuant to the community board by laws a motion to remove
a member must appear on two consecutive board meeting agendas. Tonight
is the first publication of this motion.
● A motion to amend the community board’s bylaws to include a
section that specifies the length of time a member may be on a Leave of
Absence before the board begins proceedings to have that member